At a Glance
Finding the credit card for your spending habits and financial goals is crucial. Wells Fargo, a well-established financial institution, offers two enticing credit card options: the Wells Fargo Reflect® Card and the Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card. Both cards come with their own set of benefits and features, catering to different consumer preferences. Let’s break down the key differences between these two cards to help you make an informed decision.
In this article, you’ll learn:
Of people who transfer a balance successfully pay off the balance during the introductory APR period.
Comparing the Wells Fargo Reflect® and Wells Fargo Active Cash®
Wells Fargo Active Cash®
Wells Fargo Reflect®
4 Important differences between Wells Fargo Reflect® and Active Cash®
One of the fundamental aspects of a credit card is its rewards program. The Wells Fargo Reflect® Card doesn’t actually have a traditional rewards program but offers an extended intro APR program and might be more accessible to those with poor to fair credit. On the other hand, the Wells Fargo Active Cash® offers a steady 2% unlimited cash rewards rate on all purchases without the need to track categories or activate quarterly rewards.
2. Intro APR offers
The Wells Fargo Reflect® Card outshines the Active Cash® Card when it comes to introductory APR offers. With a 0% intro APR for 21 months on purchases and qualifying balance transfers, the Reflect® Card provides a longer window of interest-free borrowing compared to the Active Cash® Card’s 0% intro APR for 15 months.
3. Welcome bonus
For those who appreciate a rewarding kick-start, the Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card takes the lead with its $200 cash rewards bonus after spending $500 within the first three months. While the Wells Fargo Reflect® Card doesn’t offer a traditional welcome bonus, its attractive 0% intro APR for an extended period can appeal to those looking to make larger purchases without the immediate burden of interest.
4. Visa Signature
The Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card goes the extra mile with its exceptional Visa Signature privileges. Cardholders of the Active Cash® Card can enjoy complimentary concierge services, offering assistance for travel, dining, and entertainment needs. Additionally, they gain access to the Visa Signature Hotel Collection, which offers premium benefits at select luxury properties.
Where both cards excel?
Both the Wells Fargo Reflect® Card and the Active Cash® Card provide valuable features that cater to different needs:
- Cellular telephone protection: Both cards offer up to $600 in cell phone protection when you pay your monthly cell phone bill with your eligible Wells Fargo card, subject to a deductible.
- Zero liability protection: Both cards have built-in protection features that safeguard you from unauthorized transactions, provided they are reported promptly.
- Online and mobile banking: Wells Fargo offers a user-friendly mobile app to manage your accounts, pay bills, and stay on top of your finances.
Which credit card should you choose?
Selecting between the Wells Fargo Reflect® Card and the Active Cash® Card depends on your financial preferences and spending habits.
When you should choose Wells Fargo Reflect®
- You’re planning significant purchases and want a longer interest-free period.
- You’re considering transferring a balance from another card.
- You’re not concerned about a traditional welcome bonus but prioritize interest savings.
When you should choose Wells Fargo Active Cash®
- You prefer a straightforward cash rewards system without tracking categories.
- You want an attractive welcome bonus and plan to meet the spending requirement.
- You value Visa Signature privileges like concierge services and luxury hotel benefits.
You will likely need a credit score of at least 700 to increase your approval chances. Similar to the Reflect, you’ll likely need a FICO score of at least 700. However, Wells Fargo will consider several factors when reviewing your application. Related: Wells Fargo Credit Card Requirements The minimum credit limit is $1,000, but there are user reports as high as $20,000. The minimum credit limit is $1,000, but there are user reports as high as $14,000.
You will likely need a credit score of at least 700 to increase your approval chances.
Similar to the Reflect, you’ll likely need a FICO score of at least 700. However, Wells Fargo will consider several factors when reviewing your application.
Related: Wells Fargo Credit Card Requirements
The minimum credit limit is $1,000, but there are user reports as high as $20,000.
The minimum credit limit is $1,000, but there are user reports as high as $14,000.