Avant: Personal Loan Review
Personal LoansPersonal Loan ReviewsAvant
Personal Loan Review
9.95% – 35.99%
Min. credit Score
Max. DTI Debt to Income Ratio
Good for: Quick funding, low credit score requirements
With low credit score eligibility requirements, you can get an Avant personal loan even if your credit is subpar. While Avant doesn’t have prepayment penalties for paying off your loan early, it does charge numerous other fees and a high maximum interest rate.Apply Now
Beyond the basics
$2,000 to $35,000
Time to funding
1 business day
J.D Power 2019 U.S. Personal Loan Satisfaction Study, Customer Satisfaction Index
Lender description Avant is an online lender that provides both standard unsecured loans and secured installment loans with an almost entirely web-based process.
Best used for
- Debt consolidation
- Home improvement
Pros & cons
- Low credit score eligibility requirements
- Highly-rated mobile app lets you see your payment history and manage upcoming payments on the go
- No prepayment fees for paying off your loan early
- Secured and unsecured loan options
- Doesn’t allow coborrowers or cosigners
- High APR caps with a maximum of 35.99%
- Charges numerous fees, including origination fee (up to 4.75%), returned payment fees, and late fees
Most suitable for
- Consumers with bad credit
- Individual loan applicants
- Consumers looking for funding by the next business day
How to qualify You’ll need a FICO score of at least 580 and/or a VantageScore of at least 550.
How to apply Apply online or through the Avant mobile app. All applicants are required to undergo identity verification. You also may be asked to verify employment, income, and bank account details.
Footprint Avant is available nationwide.
Loan example A $5,700 loan with an administration fee of 4.75% and an amount financed of $5,429.25, repayable in 36 monthly installments, would have an APR of 29.95% and monthly payments of $230.33.