U.S. Bank Visa Platinum Card
Credit CardsBalance Transfer ReviewsU.S. Bank Visa Platinum Card Review
U.S. Bank Visa Platinum Card Review
Balance transfer details
20 billing cycles
3% or $5, whichever is greater
13.99% – 23.99% var
Credit Score Required
Good for: Lengthy introductory APR period
The U.S. Bank Visa Platinum Card has one of the longest 0% APR introductory offers, lasting for the first 20 billing cycles. But while the offer applies to new purchases, it only applies to balance transfers made within the first 60 days of account opening. Be mindful to make a transfer within two months to take advantage of the offer.Apply Now
Beyond the basics
- 0% introductory APR for 20 billing cycles
- No annual fee
- Cell phone protection
- Free credit score access
0% for 20 billing cycles
Cash Advance APR
Sign up Bonus
Foreign Transaction Fees
J.D Power Customer satisfaction Index 2019: 781/1000
Lender description U.S. Bank provides a variety of financial products and services—including credit cards, checking and savings accounts, mortgages, and more—with a goal of making banking convenient, safe, and simple.
Best used for
- Debt consolidation
- Home improvement
- Moving and relocation
Pros & Cons
- No annual fee
- 0% introductory APR for 20 billing periods on all new purchases and some balance transfers
- Cell phone coverage for damage or theft up to $600 with a $25 deductible
- No rewards program or signup bonus
- Balance transfer fee of $5 or 3% of the amount transferred, whichever is greater
- Balance transfers only qualify for 0% introductory APR offer if made within 60 days of account opening
Most suitable for
- Consumers looking to pay down high-interest credit card debt
- Consumers looking to make a large purchase
Card Reward Details The U.S. Bank Visa Platinum Card has one of the longest 0% introductory APR offers around, lasting for the first 20 billing cycles.
How to apply Apply online by providing basic personal information. You’ll need to be at least 18, have a Social Security number, and be a legal resident of the U.S.
COVID-19 resources U.S. Bank has a COVID-19 page to help customers adjust during the pandemic.
Available The U.S. Bank Visa Platinum Card is available nationwide.
Balance transfer example If you have a balance of $6,200 with an APR of 19% and pay $320 toward the balance each month, you would pay off your debt in 24 months with a total interest of $1,192.26. If you transferred that balance and still paid $320 each month, you’d pay off your debt before the end of the introductory offer and avoid paying interest. But there would be a balance transfer fee of $186.