Marcus by Goldman Sachs: Personal Loan Review
Personal LoansPersonal Loan ReviewsMarcus by Goldman Sachs
Marcus by Goldman Sachs:
Personal Loan Review
6.99% – 19.99%
Min. credit Score
Max. DTI Debt to Income Ratio
Good for: Flexible loan terms, No fees
Personal loans from Marcus by Goldman Sachs include several incentives and offers, including no fees, an on-time payment reward, and an autopay discount. But they are designed for lenders with high credit scores and don’t allow cosigners or coborrowers.Apply Now
Beyond the basics
$3,500 to $40,000
Time to funding
Up to 5 days
J.D Power 2019 U.S. Personal Loan Satisfaction Study, Customer Satisfaction Index
Lender description Marcus by Goldman Sachs, a product of Goldman Sachs Bank USA, offers no-fee personal loans with fixed interest rates. In addition to personal loans, Marcus also offers high-yield online savings accounts.
Best used for
- Debt consolidation
- Home improvement
- Moving and relocation
Pros & cons
- Flexible loan terms, including options to change your payment date and choose an affordable monthly payment
- No application, origination, or pre-payment fees
- On-time payment reward allows you to defer a payment without accruing additional interest (after you make 12 or more consecutive, full monthly payments on time
- Autopay rate discount of 0.25%
- Direct payment to creditors with debt consolidation loans
- Doesn’t allow cosigners or coborrowers
- Undisclosed eligibility requirements
- High eligibility requirements compared with other lenders
Most suitable for
- Consumers with good-to-excellent credit scores
- Consumers looking for more than one loan at a time
- Individual loan applicants
How to qualify You’ll need to be at least 18 years old (in most states) with a FICO score of at least 690 and/or VantageScore of at least 580.
How to apply Apply online, via phone, or through the Marcus mobile app. You’ll need to provide your social security number or individual tax return ID number. You also may be asked to provide proof of employment, identity, and/or income. Users can see their loan options without affecting their credit score.
COVID-19 resources Marcus offers a variety of resources if you’ve been affected by the pandemic. Marcus allows users to defer payments for a month, extending the loan term by a month, with no interest charge.
Footprint Marcus is available nationwide.
Loan example For a five-year $20,000 personal loan at an APR of 13.5%, you’d make 60 scheduled monthly payments at an estimated $460 and pay just over $7,600 in interest over the life of the loan.